Thursday 3 January 2013

Lash up... My mascara's + reviews




L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara Black/Carbon Black


I must say I've been through a lot of mascaras (trial and error) and until I came across the L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara Black I had found my holy grail mascara. My aunty had kindly gave me this I she had bought a twin pack from the airport which was beneficial for me to try out for free and not having to spend £10.99 (I think). I must say to me most mascaras I used didn't have much difference in them and they were drug-store brands, but this one had blown me away on the first use I couldn't believe how each individual eyelash was defined and the lengthening of my eyelashes was incredible. I do have to say the only bad point I found about the product was the lack of volume but hey that's why its telescopic and not volume-scopic. When I had ran out I definitely knew what mascara I was buying so I decided to buy the same product but in carbon black. It did help a little but if you have short lashes and you are still looking for that life time mascara this is the one it certainly extends your eyelashes to its fullest. The brush itself does have comb-like bristles which does help elongate your lashes. 


Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara Black**Can be found at Boots currently £8.99 (usually £10.99) or Superdrug for £10.99**

Max Factor False Lash Effect Fusion Mascara Black Brown
**Can be found at Boots currently £8.99 (usually £11.99) or Superdrug for £9.99**



The price of the mascara is totally worth it because these were the best ever mascaras I had purchased even if they were just basic mascaras and even if I did accidentally pick up the black/brown colour, both colours were great obviously black is better for my black eyelashes. For me they did the job for a natural look for everyday usage and it was only when it was a special occasion that I would wear false eyelashes so no need for a better mascara. Of course once I fell in love with the telescopic I stopped using these but they are so brilliant that I was still alternating between the two mascaras and even today I do use them but mostly on my bottom lashes when I want to add a bit of volume and length to them for a natural look.



L'Oreal Mega Volume Collagene Mascara Extra Black


As my mascara finished I felt like it was time for trial and error, now don't get me wrong I don't love to just spend my money here left right and centre but I do love trying loads of different products out. After thinking long and hard I decided to pick up the L'Oreal Mega Volume Collagene Mascara Extra Black and it was a little cheaper pricing at £9.99. After using the product I felt that it did not have the same effect as the  L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara mainly because they are certainly two different products as they specify in their names and the brushes are different. After applying telescopic (of what I had left from the  L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara) I then applied the L'Oreal Mega Volume Collagene Mascara on top it certainly did help however I'm not a fan of double layering on mascara because for me I do find that it goes quite lumpy and I end up having to sit there picking away the lumps of my eyelashes but it does the job. Even better the next day I decided to just layer up on the  L'Oreal Mega Volume Collagene Mascara. Overall there's something about the packaging I do love compared to the telescopic (nice size) and a great investment but I wont be repurchasing this one just yet I think I still want to have a play with some others.


**L'Oreal Mega Volume Collagene Mascara Extra Black: Superdrug > £9.99**

**L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara: Boots > £10.99 **
 (I don't know whether they have stopped selling it or just run out because every time I have been to shops such as Superdrug and boots they never seem to have it but they do price for £10.99 on the website HERE.)


What do you think?

Any holy grail mascaras to share??

XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment